2019 Ford Explorer Safety Highlights
With seating for seven and, a variety of state-of-the-art safety features, the 2019 Ford Explorer has proven itself a vehicle for today’s busy Osceola families. Discover the Explorer safety features that will keep your family secure as you travel from Niles and back again at Jordan Ford.
Ford Explorer Safety Features
Equipped with the latest in safety technology, including class-exclusive features, the 2019 Ford Explorer offers peace of mind at every turn. Pick from these standard and available features to outfit your Ford to your comfort level:
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC® ): Command the roads with this system which uses two gyroscopic sensors to monitor yaw and roll rates and prevent wheelslip, understeer, oversteer or roll motion.
- Intelligent 4WD System with Terrain Management System™: Get added traction when you need it to safely navigate roadways and other terrain with this available feature.
- Hill Descent Control™ and Hill Start Assist: These features provide additional control when going up or downhill, and are particularly handy when towing.
- Class-Exclusive Inflatable Outboard Second-Row Seatbelts: This unique available feature is designed to support the head and neck of passengers and distribute energy from a crash to provide extra protection.
- Class-Exclusive Curve Control: If your Explorer senses you are going too fast into a curve, Curve Control will slow you down up to 10 mph in about one second.
- Towing and Trailer Sway Control: Standard Trailer Sway Control adjusts engine power and selectively applies the brakes to maintain strict control even when towing up to 5,000 pounds.
Ford Safe and Smart™ Package
Found standard on the Explorer Platinum, the Ford Safe and Smart™ Package includes a variety of advanced safety features to keep you in control on Granger roadways, such as:
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Auto high-beam headlights
- Lane-Keeping System that will alert the driver if the vehicle drifts
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support
Check Out the Ford Explorer Features in Mishawaka
While the 2019 Ford Explorer — like the Escape — offers impressive safety features, that isn’t the only way the Ford Explorer stands out. Shoppers will find notable performance and technology features as well. You can enjoy all the features today by test driving an Explorer in Mishawaka. Experience amazing customer service at Jordan Ford today!
More From Jordan Ford
Need an SUV with enough room for your Granger family and their gear? The 2019 Ford Escape cargo space of up to 68 cubic feet should do the trick. What’s more, the Escape is a utility vehicle that doubles as a fuel-efficient, powerful SUV with plenty of trims from which to choose. Find out…
You may be asking yourself, “how much can a Ford Explorer tow”? With the proper equipment, the 2019 Ford Explorer towing capacity ranges between 3,000 and 5,000 pounds. That’s in addition to a payload range from 1,259 to 1,717 pounds. These figures equate to the new Ford Explorer SUV’s ability to handle any construction…
The 2019 Ford F-150 configurations offer seven different trims at varying price levels, so there’s something for everyone in Granger! In America alone, 32 million F-150s have sold since 2018, so you’ll know you’re in great company when you drive this best-selling truck. To find out how much you’ll spend on a new F-150 and…