How Much Can a Ford Explorer Tow?
You may be asking yourself, “how much can a Ford Explorer tow”? With the proper equipment, the 2019 Ford Explorer towing capacity ranges between 3,000 and 5,000 pounds. That’s in addition to a payload range from 1,259 to 1,717 pounds. These figures equate to the new Ford Explorer SUV’s ability to handle any construction job around Granger or weekend getaway. Discover all that’s in store with the Ford Explorer towing capacity and performance specs with Jordan Ford.
Ford Explorer Engine Offerings
- 3.5L V6: Expect 290 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque from this engine that featuresTi-VCT (twin independent variable camshaft timing).
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder: Fuel efficiency and power come from this engine, with its EPA-estimated 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway* and 280 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: Turbocharging and direct injection help this engine to generate 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. It comes standard on Explorer Sport and Explorer Platinum trims.
Ford Explorer Towing Packages
- Class II Trailer Tow Package: Ford Explorer models that run on a 2.3L engine can add this package to tow up to 3,000 pounds with a frame-mounted hitch and wiring harness.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: The 3.5L V6 engine can be paired with this package, which includes a frame-mounted hitch, four- and seven-pin trailer connectors, and an engine cooler to tow up to 5,000 pounds.
Towing Safety Features
When towing around Osceola, the following intelligent safety features will help with your control and overall safety:
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: Choose between Normal, Mud/Rut, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes as you tackle difficult terrain around Granger.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: Maintain control in the event of wheel slip, understeer, or oversteer with AdvanceTrac® with RSC™. This also comes with Curve Control for enhanced control during tight cornering.
Experience the Ford Explorer Towing Capacity at Jordan Ford!
Learn more about the 2019 Ford Explorer and its other utility and interior features at Jordan Ford! Get in touch to schedule a test drive, and make sure to check out our new vehicle specials to save when you decide to get behind the wheel!
*EPA-estimated city/hwy mpg for the model indicated. See fueleconomy.gov for fuel economy of other engine/transmission combinations. Actual mileage will vary. On plug-in hybrid models and electric models, fuel economy is stated in MPGe. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
More from Jordan Ford
For a crossover SUV that guarantees comfort, cargo space, and ample seating for Mishawaka drivers and passengers, look no further than the new Ford Flex. When it comes to the Ford Flex interior, there’s a seven-passenger cabin, a maximum cargo volume of 83.2 cubic feet, and plenty of convenience and storage features. Looking for…
Getting your family to and from Granger doesn’t have to be a challenge, especially thanks to the 2020 Ford Explorer. The new Ford Explorer seating capacity remains at 7 passengers as in previous models, despite a major redesign shaking up the rest of the interior. What’s more, everyone inside has more than enough room to…
Need an SUV with enough room for your Granger family and their gear? The 2019 Ford Escape cargo space of up to 68 cubic feet should do the trick. What’s more, the Escape is a utility vehicle that doubles as a fuel-efficient, powerful SUV with plenty of trims from which to choose. Find out what…